- Push email means you receive your latest emails on your phone without a delay
- Notifications alert you to new emails as soon as they arrive
- Synced calendar and contacts
- Access to your Hotmail folders
- Send photos with Hotmail
Setting up Hotmail is easy when using an iPhone with iOS5. Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Tap on Settings. Under Settings, click on Mail, Contacts, Calendar.
- Tap on Add Account in the Accounts page.
- Tap on Hotmail.
- Enter your full Hotmail or Windows Live Domain email address and password. In the Description field, enter a name, e.g Hotmail.
- Select the fields that you want to sync (Mail, Contacts, Calendar). Tap Save.
If you don’t want to or are unable to install iOS5, you can still setup Hotmail on your iPhone using the below instructions.
Note: The steps are similar for the iPhone, iPod Touch and the iPad. On a device that supports only a single ActiveSync profile; make sure to back up the data on the device before configuring the ActiveSync profile for Hotmail access.
Click here to view the video on how to setup Hotmail on your iPhone.
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Tap on Settings. Under Settings, click on “Mail, Contacts, Calendar”.
- Tap on “Add Account” in the Accounts page.
- Tap on “Microsoft Exchange” to configure Hotmail access.
- Enter your full email address in both Email and Username fields. Leave Domain blank. Enter your password. In the Description field, enter a name, e.g Hotmail. (Note that you may have to wait a few seconds after step 4 before the ‘Server name’ field appears.)
- Enter m.hotmail.com for the Server name.
- If access succeeds, you will see this page. Select the data to sync. Tap on Save.
For more help go to the Windows Live Solution Center.